Portland's Rose Festival is in full swing, with dozens of great, fun events to help you get in the festive mood.
Here are some key facts about some of the most popular events:
- City Fair (Waterfront Park) - Rides, games, elephant ears and all the usual open-air festival attractions. Opened Memorial Day weekend and runs three full weekends, closing June 10. Hours are 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. weekdays, 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. weekends. $5 admission for ages 7 and over; under 7, free!
- Starlight Parade at 8:30 p.m., downtown Portland. Free.
- Starlight Run at 7:45 p.m., Lincoln High School — SW 16th & Salmon. $15 adults, $10 Youth, $5 kids 6 and under. Benefits Legacy Heart Services and the Bald Faced Truth Foundation.
- Fleet Week - Watch the Navy ships float in on the Columbia and Willamette Rivers.
- Arrives: Tuesday, June 5.
- Viewing/touring: Wednesday, June 6 - Sunday, June 10.
- Departs: Monday, June 11.
- Grand Floral Parade - the granddaddy event! Saturday, June 9th in the Memorial Coliseum to downtown Portland, 10:00 a.m. Indoor seating $15-$30, outdoor seating $25-$30 and plenty of places to watch for free.
For more information, visit the Rose Festival website.