Careers at Hometown Advantage
Hometown Advantage is a fast-growing, established company that's been around almost a decade offering Touring, Team Building, and Destination Management services. Our 50+ employees run over 50-60 events per week during our busier season. If you are interested in learning more about what we do, check out our three brand names at the following websites:
Resident Expert Casting CallCome back and look again in January 2012
Before you is an exciting opportunity for a bookkeeper with a flair for meticulous attention to detail. It's all about maintaining a playful attitude while crunching the numbers and supporting our highly energetic staff, so be prepared to bring your best skills.
POSITION: FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER
Overview and Responsibilities:
Experienced full charge bookkeeper to help with accounting, HR, and other administrative duties, including:
- A/R, A/P, payroll, reconciliations, month end reporting, journal entries, financial statements for multiple entities.
- Responsible for all internal and external financial reporting to ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Maintaining employee files, processing unemployment claims, keep up employee handbook.
- And more.
Who you are:
A happy individual with 5+ years of financial experience and a least 3 years of recent relevant full-charge bookkeeper or assistant controller experience. Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field. Extensive working knowledge with computers. Prior payroll processing experience. Background and demonstrated experience in Human Resources. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to articulate verbally and in writing. Self-motivated, innovative and ability to initiate and lead change. Ability to pass a background check.
Salary Range: depends on experience + bonuses based on goals. Medical and dental health care benefits after 3 months. Retirement benefits after 1 year.
Please send a single email with the following info to email@example.com:
- The name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Cover letter describing yourself, your career aspirations and your availability to begin work.
- Salary history and expectations.
- Current Resume.
- A/R Process Checklist - List the items you would have on your checklist if you were asked to go into a company for the first time and evaluate their A/R practices. This doesn't need to be an essay, just a checklist.
- Your Phone Interview Questions - After reviewing your response to the items above, if we feel that there is the potential of a good fit, we will schedule a 15-20 minute phone interview. Please provide us with a few questions you would like answers to during the phone interview.
If you do not supply these six (6) things, we cannot consider you.
Please do not call. This is a full-time position and part-time not considered. We are not interested in receiving information from outside agencies. Must be at least 18 years old and eligible for employment in U.S. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.